Unnatural Links Warning!
Have you received a warning about unnatural links in your Google Webmaster Tools? Trying to remove spammy links? Then check out this latest tool from Google. Matt Cutts explains below:
Remember to use this tool with care – links are your lifeblood and DO NOT REMOVE good links. As Matt Cutts says very few people should need to use this tool. Deletions will take some time before the effect is seen, and Matt warns that changing your mind at a later date may result in a long delay if implemented at all!
Using the Google Disavow Tool
Download links to your site
- On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
- On the Dashboard, click Search Traffic, and then click Links to Your Site.
- Under Who links the most, click More.
- Click Download more sample links. If you click Download latest links, you’ll see dates as well.
Download a file containing all the pages linking to your site. Use this to create a text file containing only the links you want to disavow—one link per line. NB. If you want Google to ignore all links from an entire domain (like mysite.com), add the line “domain:mysite.com”.
Upload a list of links to disavow
- Go to the disavow links tool page.
- Select your website.
- Click Disavow links.
- Click Choose file.
Google Disawow Tool link: Click Here